Due to reasons beyond our control, Hotmail is blocking most emails from Nexopia. If you have an email address that ends in @live, @hotmail or @msn THIS AFFECTS YOU.
How does it affect you?
It means you won’t get:
Here’s what we can tell you:
- account activations/password change emails
- messages forwarded to email
- answers from staff (if you emailed us)
- If you know someone that is having trouble signing up, tell them that using a different email provider (like Yahoo or Gmail) should help them get their activation emails.
- We know there are people who spam on Nexopia. We hate them too. To report them, use the report abuse button on their profile. That’ll show us where the problem is so we can eliminate them. If you click the “report as spam” button when you’re looking at emails, that doesn’t fix the problem at all.
- If you don’t want to get your Nexopia messages/updates sent to your email address, click preferences, then under the general tab, find the private messaging section. Uncheck “forward private messages to email” and “forward site messages to email”, click update preferences and presto—no more emails from Nexopia.
- If you have questions that you’ve emailed us, try emailing from a non-Hotmail address, or just contact NexopiaHelp for now.
We hope to have things back to normal very soon. If you have any more questions, feel free to post them as a comment and we'll answer them as fast as we can.